WORKSAFE is looking for a Manager to esablish a Health & Safety by Design function. Applications close 24 October 2019.
Manager Health & Safety by Design
- Brand new management position with the potential to build your team
- Build key relationships within WorkSafe and across a range of industries in New Zealand
- Great benefits including free life, trauma and income protection insurances
Our Health and Technical Services team are looking to appoint a Manager Health and Safety by Design to establish our health and safety by design function and provide strategic and operational leadership within WorkSafe and across New Zealand industries. This role could be based in Wellington, Auckland or Christchurch.
Reporting to the Head of Health and Technical Services, the Manager Health and Safety by Design will lead and ensure the delivery of high quality and consistent health and safety by design principles and services across New Zealand.
Working closely with a range of stakeholders within WorkSafe and across industry, you'll deliver health and safety by design activities and, where required, support subsequent enforcement actions. You'll also contribute to the development of operational policy, process and practice to improve the health and safety by design culture in New Zealand.
To be successful in this role, you'll have a good understanding of the key design industries, such as architect design firms, large scale manufacturers or construction companies.
You may be an architect, designer or engineer. Alternatively, you may come from a policy background and have the ability to bring people together.
You'll also bring to the role:
- The ability to build strong connections and influence across industries
- Expert knowledge of health and safety by design/prevention through design
- The ability to lead successful and high performing technical teams
- A post-graduate qualification in a field such as design, occupational health and safety, engineering, architecture etc, or extensive and comparable experience
- Regulatory experience is also desired but not mandatory
Benefits at WorkSafe
WorkSafe offer a range of benefits, including life, trauma and income protection insurance packages, discounts on health insurance and eye care and learning and development opportunities.
WorkSafe New Zealand, Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa, is the primary workplace health and safety regulator – our vision is that everyone who goes to work comes home healthy and safe. Alongside other regulators we lead New Zealand to achieve healthy and safe workplaces through engagement, education and enforcement.
About our Health and Technical Services team
The Health and Technical Services team consists of experts from a range of specialities, including asbestos, hazardous substances, work-related health, engineering, permitting, and more. The team are continuing to grow and expand, with key roles in psychosocial harm and work related also being recruited for.
Applications close on Thursday 24th October 2019.
For further information please contact email@example.com with any queries.
To find out more about WorkSafe New Zealand go to www.worksafe.govt.nz.